Friday, April 22, 2005

Electronic Blue Books

Last September, I finished a MSc in HCI, and one of the things I found toughest was hand-writing my responses to the final exam questions. It's not so much that I had trouble writing (though I did end up with a near-crippling case of writers cramp), but that I've gotten so used to composing on the computer. I've become totally addicted to the fact that I no longer have to compose in order and that I can rearrange things at will. Because of this, writing all in one long stream in a blue book was tough for me, and slowed me down. That's why I was so interested to find out about a product called "Electronic Blue Book" from CompuTest, which allows students to use their own laptops to take a test by locking out all other apps and internet access, then securely transmitting their answers to a server. Now, if we could only convince universities to actually USE this product! Check it out at http://electronicbluebook.com/.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home